Society of Japanese Value Engineering (SJVE) is a non-profit membership organization that provides and exchanges professional information about Value Engineering (VE), Japan and overseas , for the purpose of promoting VE activities to bring about better results among industrial and other business circles.
- Director & Secretary General
- Akio Miyamoto
- Address: 6F Sanai Bldg., Komazawa, Setagaya-ku Tokyo 154-0012 Japan
- Established in 1965(Incorporated): October 17, 1980
(Registered as public-interest non-profit corporation): August 1, 2011
- Mission & objectives
- SJVE promotes and encourages the research and study of Value Engineering (VE) to:
- Contribute to stable improvement of citizen’s living through realizing sustainable society and invigorating fair and free economic activity.
- Conduct other businesses which contribute to the improvement of professional skills of our membership, in order to share and foster understanding on the society’s mission and objectives.
- Training, certification and continued education programs for the purpose of developing professional ability and improving individual’s skills and knowledge in VE
- Lectures, research/development and award programs for the purpose of promoting and disseminating VE to organizations
- Sales of professional publications and documents related to VE
- Consultation and individual coaching businesses related to VE
- Programs and businesses contributing to professional skill improvement of our membership related to VE
- Other businesses to support and help achieve SJVE’s mission and objectives
- Current membership (as of November 30, 2018)
- Membership ….283
The majority of SJVE membership consists of company-sponsored value practitioners. They participate in various SJVE activities such as annual national/regional/local conferences, workshop-style research and study as well as social exchange activities.
Our individual membership is mostly VE/VA consultants and or those who are still active in VE/VA in their own capacities.
There are several additional members from neighbor countries.